AWE 2014 is proud to introduce for the first time – a fashion show that brings augmented reality into the world of wearable fashion. This is a runway show featuring the latest fabrics, technologies, and accessories that augment humans; glasses, wristware, environmentally responsive clothing and new fabrics will be showcased. Our bodies are the new platform. Five years running, the fashion show has been a press and celebrity event at locations including CES, Las Vegas, CE Week, NY and SxSW. Now it’s coming to its most passionate fan base at AWE 2014.
The fashion will take place on May 28th at 6:15 pm at the Santa Clara Convention Center. It’s open to all AWE attendees.
Sweaters that change color with your mood, clothing brought to life by its environmental factors like noise, or a bracelet that monitors your sun exposure are just a few examples of the pieces that will be taking the runway. A partial list of designers and technologies featured, will include:
Amy Winters, also known as Rainbow Winters, is a new media artist and fashion designer whose work uses environmental stimuli like music or water to transform her outfits.
- Valérie Lamontagne, owner & designer at 3lectromode, is a wearable electronics creator who combines dance and theatre in her environmental pieces.
- Angela Dale, has been designing and fabricating costumes and props for over 25 years, having created a wide variety of the weird and wonderful.
- Drumpants, a wearable and fully customizable on-the-go musical instrument.
- JUNE UV Bracelet, from Neatmo, is a bracelet that measures sun intensity in real time and monitors your total daily sun exposure.
- Narrative Clip is a tiny, automatic camera and app that gives you a searchable and shareable photographic memory.
- Zazzi Smart Jewelry by FashionTEQ syncs with your smart phone and disguises your tech as fashionable jewelry while you stay connected!
Earlier in the afternoon, as part of the conference sessions, there will be an expert panel: High Tech Meets High Fashion, discussing trends in the wearable tech category at 1:30p.m. PT in the Main Theater.
FashionWare is presented by Living in Digital Times, producers of the MommyTech, Kids@Play, Silvers Summit, FitnessTech, Digital Health and TransformingEDU TechZones and Conference Tracks at the 2015 International CES.
For more information: www.FashionWareShow.com
Become a sponsor of the Fashion show
The smart/responsive clothing and accessories business is poised for explosive growth with estimates of an 8.3 billion dollar market by 2018. Your company has the opportunity to position itself amongst other leaders and tastemakers in this new world. Rather than go it alone, your company’s product and vision becomes part of a heady concoction of style, sophistication, sound, light and functionality in a fully produced fashion showcase.
To become a sponsor contact Julie Sylvester at 800.553.2399 • juliesylvester[at]gmail.com
Download the Fashionshow Sponsor Opportunities PDF
or send a request for info below: